Monday, August 30, 2010

Vision Therapy Success!


‎"I am simply amazed by the progress Luke Heavner had made since he began VT with Advanced Therapy. The areas in which Luke struggled in the classroom, have over a very short time diminished significantly. Most importantly, I see his level of self-confidence greatly increasing. As a teacher of young children, I know ...the important role self-confidence plays in academic success. VT has given Luke the help he needed to become successful in the classroom. I've watched him develop strategies using VT that will lend themselves beautifully in the classroom. Each week his overall confidence seems to improve as he works on the VT computer program. He is ecouraged as he monitors his perfromance, and sees that he is getting better each week with the VT games. As a teacher and a mom, I know that it can be very intimidating and frightening to hear the word "therapy". I commend Luke's parent's for responding so positively to the recommendations from Dr. Barker and Jennifer. It takes a solid committment from a parent to follow through with VT. It is also an investment of time and money. However, I can't stress enough how valuable and successful I believe, based on my experience with Luke, VT actually is. I believe Luke will reap the rewards of VT throughout his academic career. Children don't need to give up on school in Kindergarten, when the help they need is available. Intervention is a good thing, and Advanced Therapy "gets" this from a childs perspective." -Pam Sigmon, Luke's TeacherSee More

No comments:

Post a Comment